Upgrading just one component on your air conditioner can keep your unit from having a power surge which can damage your system resulting in a costly air conditioner repair or replacement, far too early. When you replace the standard contactor with the Emerson White Rodgers SureSwitch relay it combines the functions of a contactor and a short-cycle timer, which keeps your A/C from overworking and putting high stress on its mechanical parts.
The Emerson/White Rodgers SureSwitch relay is designed to fit in the space for a traditional contactor so it is a universal upgrade.
If you’ve lost power before or if your A/C has a heightened exposure to bugs, is located near trees or bushes, wet areas, or cottonwood, and if you want assurance and peace of mind, these 6 SureSwitch features can make all the difference:
- 5x longer contactor life
- Sealed relay to keep out ants and debris that can shorten lifespan
- Compressor is protected from brownouts
- Compressor is protected from short cycling
- Virtually eliminates noise
- Save on pest control treatments