- Hire an energy specialist to do an in-home evaluation to find any trouble spots.
- Have an HVAC technician check to see if your heating and cooling system is operating correctly.
- Have an HVAC technician check your ducts for air leakage and proper distribution of air.
- Seal any leaks in your home (around windows, doors, outlets) and add insulation.
- If the sun is making rooms too hot, consider using shades or solar screening.
- Talk to an HVAC technician about having your home “Zoned”. Zoning allows you to separate your home’s ductwork into specific zones that can be controlled independently, whether heating or cooling.
- Hire an electrician to install ceiling fans to make room air circulation more uniform.