So, you’re in the market for a new water heater, and have decided that you want a tankless one to be green and to save water costs. Great! While tankless is a great decision in your new water heater, installing one is more complicated than simply replacing one tank with another.
Here’s what you should expect during the process:
- An expert estimator can determine what your needs are. They should ask about the size of your house, your usage, and have a look around your home to see the number of bathrooms and hot water-using appliances, such as dishwasher and washing machine.
- You should receive an estimate in writing that includes all the work necessary with no hidden costs.
- The expert must answer any questions you have completely, to your satisfaction, and in language you can understand.
- The licensed, experienced plumbers will design your new system to fit in the space provided and to meet your hot water needs. Each system of pipes and fittings is custom designed for your home. Then the truck should be stocked accordingly so there are no surprises on installation day.
- If any permits are necessary, the plumber should get them for you.
- Tankless water heaters run on electricity as well as gas, so if there is not a ready supply nearby, the plumber ensures that it’s installed.
- The water and the gas to your current water heater must be turned off, and then the plumber should drain it and remove it. The plumber should take care of disposal, so that’s a hassle you won’t have. And it should be done in the most environmentally responsible way possible.
- It’s quite common for the new tankless water heater to need bigger gas lines due to the way in which they use fuel when hot water is demanded. New, larger, gas lines will be installed by professionals.
- New water lines will run to the new location of your tankless unit. The pressure relief valve discharge line will be relocated as well.
- Next, your new water heater will be tested thoroughly to ensure there are no leaks, either water or gas. It must be tested at every point in your home that hot water is requested.
- When the work is done, your home should be just as clean and tidy as when the plumbers arrived.
The last step, of course, is when you start enjoying hot water on demand and save money and energy while you’re doing it.
Only a company dedicated to the highest level of customer service and doing what’s right 100% of the time will ensure that every detail in the process is taken care of. When you call Thornton & Grooms, your satisfaction with your new tankless water heater and its installation is 100% guaranteed.